Hi, I'm James, 26 and currently living in Bournemouth, UK. I'm a Senior Backend Developer working in the .NET Ecosystem.
I have have an interest in Software Development (primarily backend / systems) since attending College at 16 and self teaching myself Java to build games. I graduated with a 2:1 in BSc Software Engineering from Bournemouth University.
Day to day I work with .NET based Content Management systems such as Umbraco and Sitecore on large scale Website Projects. I also have have experience in taking full ownership of application support, helping to debug and fix bugs in specified SLA times.
- Bespoke .NET CMS - building and maintaining intranet software for one of the UK's largest household name's
- Sitecore - Building and Maintaining the website of one of the UK's largest Healthcare Providers
- Sitecore - Building and Maintaining the website of a 20,000+ membership organisation
- Sitecore - Integrating a 3rd Party Direct Debit Provider with Sitecore and Dynamics 365.
- Sitecore - Building content synchronisation tasks between Sitecore and Dynamics 365.
- Sitecore - Building Membership Portals based on access in Sitecore and Dynamics 365.
- Umbraco - Inherited and maintained backend codebase for a large scale UK Retirement Home Provider.
- Umbraco - Creating custom, actionable dashboards based on data in Umbraco.
- Umbraco - Upgrading and Applying Security Patches.
- Umbraco - Building and Maintaining of a London based Private Healthcare Provider
- I also have experience in setting up CI/CD in Azure DevOps, deploying software to different UAT, Staging and Production Environments, as well as using the Azure Portal to deploy and manage different Azure Resources such as Virtual Machines, App Services, SQL Databases, Blob Storage, Azure Cognitive Services and much more.
I have particular experience in building Web Applications in the .NET Ecosystem. Some examples of the Software I have built / worked on:
- A Feature rich Multi Tenant Project Management System.
- Realtime community chat application for creating and managing your own communities.
- Forum Administration Software.
- A subscription manager application
- An online Bitcoin Wallet.
- Internal API's to monitor SSL Certificates
- A company CLI to interact with Azure DevOps
- Web Scraping Software
- A Chrome Extension that blocks all gambling sites and gambling relating extensions.
- A Chatbot for a premier league football club supporting real time delivered FB Messenger notifications.
You can get in touch by emailing me - firstname.lastname@example.org